Sales and Marketing Coordinator Destination Moncton-Dieppe
A brand-new organization many years in the making, Destination Moncton Dieppe is an independent, industry-driven destination marketing body for Moncton, Dieppe and supporting all of southeastern New Brunswick. Funded by a levy on hotel rooms collected by the Cities of Moncton and Dieppe, this third- party destination marketing organization is the promotional arm driving tourism to our cities on the regional, national and international stages to increase visitation and enhance the economic impact for the industry. This position will be essential to the development of the organization.
With a mandate to represent accommodations, attractions, restaurants, outdoor experiences, festivals and events, Destination Moncton-Dieppe is beginning to populate a dynamic, energetic and forward- thinking staff team, beginning with a Sales and Marketing Coordinator.
The Coordinator is responsible for supporting the organization in achieving organizational goals as outlined in the 3-year strategic plan. This position requires solid skills relating to marketing and project management as well as the ability to be a self-starter working within tight deadlines.
Key Accountabilities Sales and Marketing
- Assists with the coordination of marketing plans for the organization including campaigns, social media, and website content
- Develops the organization’s website including content management
- Coordinates and delivers recurring projects such as newsletters, reports, schedules, content calendars, social media posts and ad placement
- Assists with special activities and familiarization tours, both virtually and in person, when required
- Provides pre-trip support and follow up from trade shows, sales missions, and general meeting follow up
- Coordinates department materials and promotional items including development and preparation of sales kits, welcome packages, gifts, attraction passes and other collateral
- Maintains product knowledge of the destination, especially as it relates to Destination Moncton- Dieppe target consumer audiences
- Possesses knowledge and skills in computer software programs relevant to the position such as; Microsoft Office365, Client Relationship Management software, project management and web- based programs
- Experience in digital marketing, social media platforms, new trends and best practices
- Knowledge of the visitor economy and tourism trends in Moncton, Dieppe, the Southeast region and beyond
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of CRM systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities
- A university degree or college diploma in the areas of communications, marketing, business administration, public relations, or other related disciplines
- Minimum three (3) years relevant and related work experience
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
- Proficiency in digital marketing
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Possess a high level of discretion and tact
- Experience developing and maintaining web and social media content
- Bilingualism in English and French is required
- Efficient and organized, able to work efficiently and juggle various tasks
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Team player, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Positive attitude and willingness to work collaboratively
- Takes initiative and is willing to make suggestions, share opinions, and keep things moving
- Approachable and open
- Overtime as required
- Occasional business travel and event hosting may be required
- Evening and weekend work hours when required by project schedules/deadlines
- Chief Executive Officer
This position has no supervisory responsibility, although may provide guidance to volunteers or students from time-to-time.
- Apply by email directly to email@example.com
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.