Destination Moncton-Dieppe offers a meeting and convention grant opportunity to not-for-profit organizations hosting a meeting and/or convention with out-of-province delegates in either of our cities. Destination Moncton-Dieppe may provide up to $5,000 ($10 per delegate) toward the cost of an opening/closing reception or banquet.
Grant for Meetings and Conventions
To ensure your application is considered, here are some guidelines to take into account when making the decision to apply:
- The meeting/convention should have positive economic impact on the communities and provide an opportunity to promote Moncton-Dieppe as a tourism destination.
- The event you are hosting must be a national or international conference or workshop-based meeting or must be a regional (Atlantic or Maritime) meeting/convention with a minimum of 200 out-of-province registered delegates.
- This grant is only open to not-for-profit organizations. Private sector organizations are not eligible.
- Funds must support meal costs for registered participants and official guests only (i.e., opening or closing reception, brunch or banquet).
- The meeting/convention must be held between September 1- June 30.
(Meetings/conventions held in July or August do not qualify.)
- Funding must not be provided from other government sources (exceptions may apply for significant meetings/conventions).
- Destination Moncton-Dieppe will be acknowledged at the function as a sponsor.
Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Destination Moncton-Dieppe has the right to award and/or decline an application. Requests/applications should be submitted by October 31 of the year prior to the year for which funding is being requested. After the deadline, applications will still be considered providing allocated funds are still available.
You will be notified if your request is approved. Funds will be issued with the presentation of a receipt from the banquet facility showing the number of meals purchased. (Facility may be contacted for verification before payment is issued.)
*A meeting/convention is defined as an official gathering of people as approved by the national or international sanctioning body, for the purpose of conducting business through conventions, meetings, seminars or trade shows. For the purpose of this definition, corporate functions of the private sector are not eligible for funding under this process.
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE
Upcoming events, travel tips and more from Moncton • Dieppe